Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I realize this is far overdue, but if any of you are regular eventer blog readers you already know the excuses so I won't bother.
It's been a very good month and I'll just stick to the highlights.  We'll start back at Poplar where Landmark's Monte Carlo won the novice, The Ramsay's Czechmate was 4th in the Preliminary (my fault I had time faults), and Shannon O'Roark's Lucky Devil was 2nd in the CIC*.  From there we were off to Rocking Horse where Meadowbrook's Scarlett, Carlingford's Bouncer, and Secrets of my Success all won their divisions.  Then we were back on the road to The Fork where Landmark's Legendary Romance won the Training B and Czechmate won Preliminary A.  And THEN off to Ocala Horse Properties International, Meadowbrook's Scarlett won the YEH-5 yr old with an 85%, Secrets of my Success and Landmark's Monte Carlo came 1st and 2nd in the Training Horse, and Ron Reagan and Lucky Devil finished 3rd and 10th in their first CCI*.

                                                              Look for Ron at 0:54

To say the least it has been a busy month but now we get a nice break, kinda.  We will spend all this week packing up and getting ready to make the great migration north.  Everyone always asks "which do you like more?  Florida or Virginia?"  I love both and am always excited to head to each every 6 months, but also ready to leave.  Clearly I am a gypsy at heart so good thing I chose this lifestyle.
On a sadder note, the entire eventing community was shaken by the news of Amy Tryon's passing this past weekend.  I had the opportunity to ride with Amy during the Developing Rider training sessions and several times while she had her horses based at Karen and David's a few years ago.  Amy was an incredible horsewoman and could truly bring out the best in every horse.  Her accomplishments were lengthy but I learned and respected her most from the months I watched her working with her horses on a daily basis.  She will be deeply missed and my thoughts and prayers are with those she left behind.
Rolex is coming up quick and I wish everyone the best of luck.  Keep checking in on Facebook for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment